Saturday, June 05, 2010

Watching the Directors...


How fucking awesome is this image...?

Ingmar Bergman checks out one of the three prop Bruce's used in Spielberg's JAWS 1975.

What a brilliant photograph and I wonder what Bergman was thinking when he fiddled with those shark choppers... Perhaps, "Jävlars, en sån här skulle man ha i nästa film" [Bugger, I should use one of these in my next film!] and that might be why his next film Ansikte mot Ansikte (Face to Face) 1976 also used the metaphor of a normal everyday human going up against his/her most profound fears...




[Image by John Bryson. Check out article on Bruce here]

1 comment:

Ninja Dixon said...

Awesome photo! I wonder how it happen, why was Bergman there?

Disney Star Wars and the Kiss of Life Trope... (Spoilers!)

Here’s a first… a Star Wars post here.  So, really should be doing something much more important, but whist watching my daily dose of t...